SCHOOL OF PHARMACY AND MEDICINE
COURSE OF LABORATORY MEDICINE
Degree in Medicine and Surgery
Outline of the Lectures given by Prof. ANDREA BELLELLI
The lectures of this course are as follows:
1) The statistical bases of Laboratory Medicine.
2) Prenatal and perinatal clinical analyses.
3) Methods in Laboratory Medicine.
4) Laboratory Analyses in Toxicology.
5) Hemostasis and Thrombosis.
6) Anemias and hemoglobinopathies.
7) Disorders of Nucleotide Metabolism; Gout.
7b) Inherited enzymatic defects (a preceding version of the same).
9) Heme degradation; bilirubin and icterus (jaundice).
10) Plasma Proteins.
11) Lipoproteins and dislipidemias.
12) Disturbances of glucose metabolism.
13) Disturbances of the metabolism of aminoacids.
14) Disturbances of the homeostasis of water, electrolytes and pH.
15) Laboratory analyses for endocrine disorders.
16) Standard blood tests..
Web resources for Medical Education
Programme and timetable of the course
M. Laposata "Laboratory Medicine", Lange - McGraw Hill
E.A. Murphy "The Logic of Medicine", The Johns Hopkins University Press
Students can visit me at the Dipartimento di Scienze Biochimiche, Sapienza University of Rome, every monday afternoon, 14,30 to 17,30, except during the examination sessions.